Monday 14 February 2011

LITTLE BADGES - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY SAY IT WITH FLOWERS






www.thebiglittlebadgeco.com

Hi

The virtual kettle's on..... So while I let it boil I just have this to say

Well it's that time of year again. Men wandering around aimless wondering what to get their wives and girlfriends...(not irons, saucepans...or Lingerie). Probably at the same time as grumbling about the Commercialization of Valentine's day....and oh buggers I forgot to get a card...I forgot to get a card.

I hope it is still a day celebrated and feared. For Single people it can have the same effect as midnight New Years eve....but at the same time it could well be the day they stop being single as someone plucks up the courage and shows their affection to them.

When at school it was always a big deal. Weeks before the event, you began to get groups or herds of giggling girls trying to seperate boys from their mates to give them a gentle hint or kick, and to subtly suggest that it may not go unrewarded if you were to show some interest in so and so.

And of course from the boys point of view you did not want to be the one left on Valentine's day without a kiss or at least one Valentine's card. For some reason your mates always seemed to have loads of cards even though they were deemed spotty and ugly with no social graces, and had in fact shown little interest in girls, but yet on Valentine's day they would gladly show you the amount of cards they had recieved. This would normally include one from their parents, and the other's looked like a box set from the market all suspisciously written in the same handwriting...and normally the left hand.

From my own point of view, my gimmick was to send a Yellow rose to someone I fancied....I felt that this made me stand out from the crowd, and would generate more conversation. Plus Yellow roses are a damn sight cheaper when Valentine's day rolls round. Not as daft as I might look.

Of Course the general conversation it probably generated on Valentine's day was "Some muppet has sent me a Yellow rose on Valentines day...What a muppet. I'm going to go out with (add boys name here) as he did the decent thing and showed his love with an overpriced red rose"!

To Anyone in the Northampton area who recieved a Yellow rose on Valentines day...I apologise!

And although Valentine's day is for annonymous lover's or as they are called today sex pests (quick get an Asbo...sorry CBO now), It was amazing how many girls were able to break the code of the sender....Normally just looking at the victim...Sorry boy would have him blushing, and his mates all hitting him on the arm.

So it is with that in mind, I hope our little badges have helped in some way in getting one person to say 'I love you' with the medium of a lil badge. Of course if your plan of suprising your intended with a little badge has backfired and the conversation goes "Some muppet has given me a little badge for Valentine's day instead of roses....what a muppet" well then we apologise.

So with that said, why not stock up on Valentine's day badges this year and for next for all your lover's. We wish you all a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY and wear your hearts on your sleeve....collar, lapel, bags or even your scarf!

Well, I can hear the kettle has just finished boiling so

Milk and sugar?

Join us in our little shop for a virtual cuppa www.thebiglittlebadgeco.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home