Wednesday 3 November 2010

LITTLE BADGES - BADGE 'O' THE MONTH OCTOBER



www.thebiglittlebadgeco.com

Hi

The virtual kettle's on..... So while I let it boil I just have this to say

So, the nights are fair drawing in. The leaves are falling on the ground and covering the dog mess, making walking on the pavements a real gamble. The weather is definitely getting chillier...and then without warning getting mild (not due to global warming before any of you start).

No, we are into the countdown before christmas.... but before we get all warm and fuzzy about that, let us not forget, we have some fun to be had before then.

I love Halloween, I do not know why....I suppose it is because I was never baptised. I like the darkness, I find it confusing in the summer for it to still be light at 10pm and me sat on the sofa in a dressing gown.

No, now I can get into that dressing gown as soon as I am home. Lock out the outside and not answer the door till the next morning. It is a time for hot beverages and cracking TV.

Having said that, The one night of the year I love the doorbell ringing after dark is Halloween night. We actively encourage it.

However I am a little worried as it falls on a Sunday night this year! And do we also do something on the Saturday or is that frowned upon. Should we carve the pumkins on Saturday and make a weekend of it..... but if someone Trick or Treats on a Saturday surely I should rebuff them and send them on their way with the message to come back tomorrow.

Tis a worry. And what of the weather... will rain stop play, and should I give treats to a teenager who has bought a very very cheap mask and done nothing else who rattles a can of money at me.

We go the whole hog though. We decorate the whole front of the house...basically in an attempt to say to Trick or Treaters that we are open for business, and instead of annoying the old woman that lives next door to us...come and spook us. We are going for a pumpkin light decoration of the windows, and a 3....yes three pumkins carved montage this year. Two in view from the road and one on the wall outside...the smaller less detailed pumpkin which will be knicked when people head home from the pub.

So here is to Halloweeeeeeen. Have a fun fun time and don't let the Daily Mail readers frighten you off from actually going out Trick or treating or taking your kids out trick or treating.

Our lil tribute to Halloween this month is a NEW badge simply with the word's blood donor on it. It is an instant classic and we would love to share it with all you happy Halloweeners.

Well, I can hear the kettle has just finished boiling so

Milk and sugar?

Join us in our little shop for a virtual cuppa www.thebiglittlebadgeco.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home